Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday. 9/30/11. Gotta get down on Friday


So everyone, we made it through another week. Amen. I feel like no one fully appreciates Fridays until you’ve hated Monday through Thursday to the point where ripping your hair out seems like a reasonable solution to the mid-week crisis. As I sat in class today, 1st period actually, trying to imagine a world where school didn’t feel like a suffocating gas. The only way to reverse this horribly morbid thinking is laughter. It wasn’t but 5 periods later that I was laughing so hard I could barely keep the tears in. My friends and I had to decided to play a round of Pick 3 or to some, “Kill, Mary, F***” Now for all those who don’t understand or haven’t played this game before, you are given 3 names(usually celebrities) and you have to marry one, kill one, and well ___ the last one. To some this is nasty and objective but to the 4 or 5 of us, it was the perfect way to liven the spirits of an otherwise boring day. To one guy in the loop, he was given Rosie O’Donnell, Tina Turner, and Whoopie Goldburg. To my best friend came the options of: Simon, Randy, or Clay Aiken. It wasn’t so much that the game was brilliantly amusing, it was each others company and to a certain degree, hearing someone else laugh makes you happy or laugh too.
Now laughing. It’s one of my favoritest things on the earth. And to anyone who’s spoken with me for three minutes or more, you know that I have a less-then-cute laugh. It’s like Roseanne at the end of the intro to her show. It always ends with a roaring “BAH HA HA HA!”
I am well aware that it is atrocious. But who cares? When you are whole-heartedly laughing, you’re not exactly conscious of the sound of your own laughter. There’s nothing like falling out of your chair, gasping for air, slapping your knee/thigh, and praying these aren’t your last moments on earth because you cant imagine breathing again. That’s my favorite moment ever. I laugh a little too much, I know. And I know I’m not looking like a movie star when I do.
Laughing is what gets me through my day.
Lesson of the day: Learn to laugh. Let go of being serious. No one makes it outta life alive anyway so laugh at every opportunity. Laugh at yourself once and a while too. It’s good for you.

Lyrics:
The glow that the sun gives
Right around sunset
Helps me realize
This is just a journey
Drop your worries
You are gonna turn out fine.
Oh, you'll turn out fine.
Fine, oh, you'll turn out fine.

But you gotta keep your head up, oh,
And you can let your hair down, eh.
you gotta keep your head up, oh,
And you can let your hair down, eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment