Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday. 10/1/11. La "Barbie" Vita


Saturday, October 1, 2011

So I have a new show obsession. It’s not really that new considering I’ve been counting the days to its premiere since I first saw the ad for it. It’s called “Pan Am” and it is about flight attendents or “stewardesses” in 1963. The pilot was awesome and it solidified a dream of mine. I want to become a flight attendant. To some this may seem like the job you go for when you have no friends and family and have failed at everything else. To me, this is the perfect job. I have a passion for culture, language, and travel. I also love talking to and meeting new people. This would allow me to accomplish that. My main criteria for a career is not the sum of money I would make but that it be impossible for me to have the same day twice. I’m not exactly a 9 to 5 kinda girl. Both my parents are and God Bless them because I cant stand the idea of a life filled with cubicles and pant suits. Not me.
As I spoke with my mother about my dream (which she supports completely) I realized I want to do A LOT with my life. So I’ve decided to major in something very neutral and pursue everything I can. I don’t wanna have any regrets. The only other person I’ve ever heard of doing multiple careers like this is Barbie. The doll. If you’ve noticed, she’s a doctor, lawyer, stay at home mom, veterinarian, dancer, fairy, princess, chef, and more. Oh and she’s pretty. Does this not seem like an ideal life? So I’ve decided, I’m going to live the “Barbie” life. So here’s a list of things I’m promising myself I’ll work towards:
The List
-Live on the continents of: South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
-Serve in the Peace Corp
-Write for a newspaper or publishing company
-Publish a bestselling novel
-Speak a minimum of three languages
-Learn at least four religions
-Observe the world from every perspective I can
-Die with no regrets.

So when you take the first word from each of these goals you get “Live, Serve, Write, Publish, Speak, Learn, Observe, Die.” Doesn’t seem like a bad life to me? This isn’t the same as my “Bucket List.” That’s for another day. It’s much longer…and stranger. The point of this all is that you can do anything you want to. Who says you have to “work” at the same thing for your entire life. That’s beyond depressing for me. There’s an entire world out there. Take it and make it yours. Who says you cant be a Barbie?

Lesson of the Day:
Just because some people say you have to choose one career, doesn’t mean you cant have a passion for everything in life. Live like you have no limit.

Lyrics:
Everyone here gonna die one day,
So while im here ima find my way,
Thats my forte,
thats why im here,
you should open up your ears,and speak this real.
I was a man with no name,
now im attributing mo fame,
But all of this aint gonna matter when i  die and say good bye so long,
Sianara ill have to catch you tomorra baby cause baby,
I,ll be in the sky

B.o.B “I’ll be in the Sky”

No comments:

Post a Comment